Thursday, February 03, 2011

The waiting game

Don't you just hate it when you start a project and then realise that you don't have something that you need?  So I came to the realisation that I'm going to need some interfacing for the pocket on my mother in laws gardening apron to make it a bit sturdier.  Unfortunately, being a bit new to this sewing malarkey, I haven't built up a supply of the basics like this so currently I'm waiting.  Waiting for the postman to arrive with my interfacing - unfortunately he normally doesn't arrive until after lunch boo :(


So in the meantime, I've been browsing through loads of the wonderful blogs that are out there getting inspiration (I've add a few of my favourites in the sidebar if you want to have a look).  I've also been making up some patterns.  Does anyone else find they have to cut out patterns to pin on fabric rather than just measuring?  I find it impossible to cut things out straight and even without cutting round something so, when I've learnt how I'll make sure to try and add these to any makes I put on here just to help out any other crafters who struggle with straight cutting like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment